Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Open Letter (?)

I'm feeling the wear and tear of pregnancy from the caring man's side. Musically, I guess this is how I feel...



Relax, folks...I'm cool now. I just needed a release, ya dig? Peace and blessings to the fathers on this planet.

Mothers, you get my love, but we need to spread some love in the fathers' directions more often. There are all kinds of pain in this world; what your man does not feel physically with you in pregnancy often finds him in other portions of his being. Trust--we may not complain to you because we want to shield you from the pains and pressures we feel. You bear our treasures, our CHILDREN--and we love you for that EVEN when you touch our nerves and step on our feelings and test our ability to hold our tongues.

We understand very quickly that the changes, those subtle and devastating molecular transformations, that your bodies are undergoing hurt you in ways that we cannot fathom. Nothing tears at real men more than the realization that we are powerless to restrict hurt and pain from our loved ones--NOTHING. Please remember that we are here for you and with you. Please settle on the truth that we know pain and hormonal havoc is a volatile mixture that motivates horrible thoughts and feelings...and we see that you cannot handle some of our responses to the acid times--those moments when the mixture just eats at you. Maybe that's why you are so sweet after time and regurgitation help you to see things as they ARE and not as pain warps them...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thank you, loved ones. I feel much better now. Bless my God for the gift of writing and the permission to vent. Peace and blessings...


Reference URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v07PFn07Dk&v3

3 comments:

CapCity said...

i love to read/hear a brother express himself! ;-) FREE yo'self, Brother CED! Keep writing - we're reading!

Shai said...

Pregnancy ain't no joke. Each woman experiences it differently. And so men gotta just take the lumps. LOL.

I mean your body is invaded by hormones, weight gain and other ish.

I am glad you were brave enough to share your experience.

Unknown said...

Thanks, ladies, and I promise that I understand the pain and hardship of pregnancy from BOTH perspectives!