Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday Morning Music Moves for Me...Oh Yeah--You, Too!

I like Amy Winehouse. Actually, I've been digging her sound since I heard a bootleg (the only way to go when you don't know the artist) of her first CD, FRANK. Since I just enjoyed my first Father's Day and feel pretty happy right now, I decided to start this week with a little musical celebration. Co-signed by one of my favorite MCs, Mos Def, here is the one and only skinny alcoholic Jewish girl who can sing her anorexic back region off-- Amy Winehouse.



Reference URL: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27nlt_amy-most-def-love-is-a-losing-game

4 comments:

dc_speaks said...

lol...the adjectives were pretty interesting there brotha...I agree but it sure was funny.

Thanks for the music. Cortney played her so much that I thought me ears were going to bleed. Eventually my son started to like her and I was yet again beaten down with her music.

the old saying sometimes too much of something can make you sick is very very true.

CapCity said...

my fave of hers is rehab...i also think it's ironic that her last name is winehouse...or is that her stage-name???

MsJayy said...

Love her music. I got my cousin & a couple of friends hooked on the "Back to Black" & "Frank" cd's a couple of weeks ago.

Unknown said...

LOL! DC, I know how you feel! Honestly, I put both of Winehouse's CDs down for 3 months (side effect of getting the bootlegs first--don't tell RIAA!!!), but I started listening to FRANK again just last night. I think you might dig that one more than BACK IN BLACK.

Cap, how ya livin'? You know, I never thought to check the name. I assumed that "Winehouse" was just a nom du crime. Lemme check that...

MsJayy, glad you're still hanging in here! I have a few friends who mention good music on occasion, but I've been finding the best stuff on www.okayplayer.com lately. I'm glad you blessed your people with good music!