Saturday, June 23, 2007

contracts cancelled


life is not promised
none of your dreams weight it to your timeline
life guarantees nothing to its user
well--don't forget it's expiration date
death
he is a jealous heart
he lives (how?) for the repeal of life from the congress
of hopeful hearts and timeless thinkers
his favorite joke is the cancellation of contracts
holiness is catered to better living
yet the most righteous of us all
our unborn
find their warranties voided
before they even have the chance to sue
pitiful death
life cuts you at your knees
and your jealousy fallacy greed
robs us
and that's so cold, death
we don't have an fdic...for lifeforce

i need to renegotiate this contract

9 comments:

The OE said...

Death is either the end of a life not worth living or an exclamation point on a life well led.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I'm hoping this post has nothing to do with the new life you were joyously anticipating.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Now that I see that it did, you have my heartfelt sympathies. Just remember, not now doesn't mean no.

My prayers go out to you and yours.

Unknown said...

It's tough losing a child...man. God bless.

Mizrepresent said...

You are in my prayers Ced, in all things, give God the glory!

dc_speaks said...

my prayers go out to you and yours, brother.

My sincere condolences.

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much for the love and support from all over. Though grief is a day-to-day process, I'm happy to tell everyone that I am doing fine. I have smiles for the world around me to share.

The toughest part of losing the unborn is the mental and spiritual burial ceremony that plays in the heart of expectant parents. Eulogies pass back and forth between Kristine and me like cars in traffic as we share our hearts' separate hurts. Neither of us wants to keep grief in a bag to open at will, and the idea of making others relive our pain with us is revolting. I realize that part of this moment's purpose is to share the feelings just as I feel them. Someone needs to hear...for their own heart's sake.

Peace and love to every praying heart, each of my friends around the country, and the one (or two or...) who are supposed to read these words...

Andrew The Asshole said...

definately a heart felt poem man. Our prayer are still with you. Glad to have you back on the blog.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Andrew.