Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Welcome Back to the Soul in Music

Raphael Saadiq is back, and he brought his A-game in a smooth way. His new project brings fond memories of the first time I heard Tony Toni Tone's SONS OF SOUL album, with its beautiful gritty/smooth mixture of classic soul sounds that haunted and moved the course of my love life for a few years. This new CD, THE WAY I SEE IT, promises to be a step in the right direction for every listener who loves REAL music, true love songs, and musicality that sets quite a high scale for the music industry today. Thanks to my lil-piece-o'-musical-paradise-online, Okayplayer, you can enjoy four tracks from the project AND this cool new video. Enjoy, and dance close to someone you love if you can.

Mmmmm...Sweeeeeeeeeet? Where's my lady love? Come here and dance with your man!


5 comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Man, you beat me, I was going to post about this forthcoming album.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Sounds like Eddie Kendrick on that thang.

Unknown said...

Eddie Kendrick? Yeah--EXACTLY! I've been trying to guess whose DNA is all over the sound since I first heard the song early Monday morning.

Have you heard Al Green's new project yet?

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Al Green's new project in one word -- sweet.

Unknown said...

I've heard just one track, a smooth and sexy little number that features Corinne Bailey Rae. I have to give her much respect for falling nicely in step with the legend. I love how real singers work together...