Saturday, August 9, 2008

And Now...Prepare for the End

Whoa! This is not some apocalyptic notice of doom and gloom, true believer, so keep your happy face shining. The Olympic ceremony, incredible as it was [the sky-runner lighting the torch blew my mind], reminded me that summer is nearly over. Even SoCal, where the rain is [normally] scarce in the summer months, enjoys the prettiest sunrises and sunsets in the summertime. In tribute to the seasons' changing, I present to you my favorite ode to summer gladness and madness, Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince performing "SUMMERTIME." Enjoy it, and cherish every remaining day.

2 comments:

CapCity said...

I. LOVE. this. SONGGGG!! & u know - as much as I love summer, i always look forward to the crisp bite of autumn;-)

Unknown said...

I miss seasons! San Diego is either dry and hot or windy and cool, but I never see a shift in seasons here without going to the mountains. Strange things happen in the mountains here!

You know that's code for "Black people and Mexicans beware," right? LOL!