Monday, August 25, 2008

Look What a Polite Request Can Get Ya!

Before I begin this post, let me say something for the transgender people in San Diego: pay your plastic surgeons well if you want to look like your fantasy image of yourself, and don't get mad if I call you by your OBVIOUS gender's title of respect. I don't care if you have enough silicone to fill an E cup; that Adam's apple is too easy to notice, bruh. Man, when did Starbucks become Drag City?! Thank God that my wife is sitting here to remind me to keep my mouth shut.

But I digress...

Okayplayer laced my eyes and ears with some recent footage of a surprise weekend Erykah Badu performance in Dallas. Lady Badu's "Tyrone" is a favorite of rock/psychedelic soul/country/a ton of other music group My Morning Jacket (I don't make the names, I just report them), so much of a favorite that the group covered the tune on their recent project (click here to listen) and respectfully requested Sistah Badu's presence at the Dallas show to put some stankonia on the track. According to the Okayplayer story, Badu initially opted not to show, but the band and the fans got a great surprise when she strutted onstage just as the fellows started their version of the song.

Who says politeness is never rewarded anymore? Enjoy!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

See, this is why I need to get out more. This kind of fabulousity cannot be had on your couch watchin' reruns of The Office.

Unknown said...

If my personal economy looked less recessive and more Oprah-like, I would be running place to place in search of new sounds. I love a live show, so I'll enjoy the internet version until San Diego ticket prices drop a bit (doubtful) or my wife and I just get sick and tired of the internet version. LOL