Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Reasons Why I Am Thankful (Inspired by CapCity)


All of my limbs are fully functioning.
My slightly overweight body is still strong, agile, and [somewhat] flexible.
My knuckles are not disfigured from fighting for my life.
My mind may feel sugar-riddled at times, but I have full use of my faculties.
I know the difference between caring and tolerance.
I love and am loved.
I know that God exists, loves me, and holds my every need and concern close to His heart.
I have family.
I have friends.
I have the beautiful ability to combine the two.
I can love one woman, two cats, and the man God makes of me--and I still have love to spare.
I have a habit of telling the truth.
I stopped lying to my soul, and it appreciates the respect.
I have never been poor.
I know the difference between "broke" and "poor" is love and the heart's condition.
My mind can develop more than "I" statements.
Selfishness and I officially divorced this year, and I was wise enough to let her keep our children, Anger and Depression.
The Middle Passage was only a stop along Time's journey for some of my ancestors.
Ignorance does not like me very much; I never leave him room at my table.
I am not afraid of my neighbor.


*Picture: Screenshot of Rhymefest's "STOLEN" video, which will be featured in the next blog posting.

8 comments:

Still Patrice said...

this was a great post!!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

And you are truly blessed.

nikki said...

"I stopped lying to my soul, and it appreciates the respect."

'nuff said, dude. 'nuff said.

Unknown said...

Pajnstl: I appreciate that!

S-68: Thank God I'm not alone in blessings. Nuff respect for stopping through and showing love.

Nikki: Thanks. I need to stop by your place in blogland.

CapCity said...

Glad The Creator's working thru me to inspire;-). U r INDEED more blessed than u know & u continue to be a blessing to us!

sending hugz 2 u & the family!

Unknown said...

Thanks for that, lady! How are things going for the Teacher (the "DC Pimp" title has been permanently retired)?

Rich Fitzgerald said...

man, i love your blog.

Unknown said...

Man, I appreciate that!