Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Hope Has not Faded

I wanted to talk about this speech and my thoughts on it, but I AM STILL AWESTRUCK. My cynicism about political candidates has taken a backseat to my hope for the first time in 17 voting years. I am looking forward to watching this presidential hopeful's inauguration.

Words still mean something. They can change hearts today as easily as God used them to create the universe. I refuse to give away my hope. My hope is not for sale, for lease, or for rent. I apply it as I deem its placement proper and just. My hope today is that this author/parent/senator/speaker/speechwriter will one day serve as leader of my nation. I support Barack Obama for President.


2 comments:

CapCity said...

"Words still mean something." I don't think I could be a writer if this weren't true.

Word really IS Bond & I don't think most of our youngstars realize how they are BOUND & often entangled by their own words.

In the beginning was the word. Need we say more?

Unknown said...

True indeed, lady. You sound as if you stopped by my wife's blog! :-)