Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Love On Time




Walkin' on a cloud
You're a true windstar
Beauty ravishing
You know who you are
You're a straight-up menace
To my senses
Your dimensions
Leave me skeptical
That God
Created you with good intentions
I mean
Can I be expected NOT
To notice those curves
To feel my freak come out
When you speak those words
Man, I shoulda paid attention
Back in Spanish class
Cuba done you propa
With all that bubble...
ASSSSSSSS I WONDER
On about you and who you are,
I'm sight-raped now--
You've become my star
I only remember one damn Spanish word
That fits this scene:
B O N I T A ! ! !
Girl, you must be a dream!
I step,
But you turn your head;
Thank God I got some confidence...
Or my heart would be dead!
I step--
You can't scare off a man like me...
Not when I notice
You looking out your eye's corner
At ME.
"Bonita...look at me."
You do.
"No wasted time...
"Life is too short...
"Let's talk.
"I want to know
"If the beauty I see around you
"Is even close to the beauty in you.
"Shall we?"
Yeah, it was lame...
But she walked my way.
In English soaked
With lime and Castro she said,
"Senor, you're not ready for that.
"It could take years to learn such facts.
"If you mean it, where will you start?"
I couldn't hold that smile
If I tied it down and chained it
Like Big Man walking the Green Mile
On his way to execution.
I said,
"I'll start with your name--"
"Mariposa."
"Sweet butterfly...thank you for
"Flying my way."
I took her hand--I don't know why--
But I noticed that she didn't resist.
Motioned toward a small cafe...
She strode with the illest twist.
Bwoi, look at that WAWK!
Had to get my SELF together...
I was determined to get to know this woman
If it took my life's forever.
We started a conversation
That has lasted forty-five years.
We've hurdled obstacles, fought adversity,
And wiped away each others' tears.
Looking back,
I loved her from the moment we met...
The beginning of our years.
Love is real, y'all,
No matter how your hurts
All feel.
It's right around your corner,
But it won't run up to you.
Pay attention when it comes your way--
So I can write this poem about YOU.


Picture reference URL: www.german-films.de

2 comments:

Mizrepresent said...

Oh! That was so wickedly nice!

Unknown said...

Hey, lady! "Wickedly nice" works for me! I think your stories and some of Shai's and Cap's work is inspiring me. You know you ladies can get a little "wicked" with your work when you want! LOL!