Friday, August 31, 2007

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!


NO...this is not a tribute to one of my favorite TV shows, GOOD TIMES...ALTHOUGH the subject of this post is a man from the city that was the show's setting. Yes, I'm talking about Young Jawline aka Austin Polo aka the Louis Vuitton Don aka Chicago's Young Prince--Kanye West. The brother has more attitude than three gay men in a San Diego coffee shop (CRAZY ATTITUDE!) and nearly as much money in his bank accounts. In the words of an old homeless lady on 87th in the heart of the Windy City's Southside, "that boy then done good." The first project was so strong that critics were licking their lips in anticipation of a sophomore slump, but young Mr. West had a surprise and a middle finger waiting for his detractors. With a third offering on the way, who will win this time: the artist or his haters?

The artist wins again. The advance copy that I previewed recently is a MONSTER. What can I say? The fellow has a gift for translating his thoughts into incredibly entertaining music! On 11SEPT2007, you will see what I mean. If you don't like Kanye and his famously outspoken attitude, turn off your radio and television. The last quarter of 2007 is going to be chilly...because the City of Chi is blowin' a hawk in your ear! Enjoy.

Haters...buy cotton balls NOW. SERIOUSLY.

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

2 comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Yo Ced, I need the connect for that advance copy. I can't wait to check him out, I know he is going to blow the roof. I see Fiddy (50 cent) is also coming out on 9/11, so it will be interesting to see who gets the most sales.

Unknown said...

I liked 50 when I first heard him back in the "HOW TO ROB" days (Man, did he piss OFF some people in the music industry with that one!). I knew he would be a problem (non-hip hop culture children, "problem" connotes a potential success in this instance)when Jay-Z made the infamous line, "I'm about a dollar/What the f---s a 50 Cent?" NOWADAYS, 50 Cent's music bothers me. The imagination just isn't there anymore. He seems to look for a weaker artist to diss to push himself up, and that bugs me. Just my thoughts...

Check your email... ;-)