Monday, August 13, 2007

Humility = Strength

I love seeing the underdog rise to the top...especially when the underdog is a good brother. Common (you already know that he is one of my favorite lyricists if you read this blog) recently hit Billboard's Top 100 with his new project's--FINDING FOREVER's--first week sales. His music is not booty music, snap rap, or baller stories. A POET IS ROCKIN' IT! That truth makes me smile. There is still hope for good music in America.

Humility also makes me proud of this brother. I've seen many people in my day approach me with crocodile smiles and syrupy words to coax my vulnerability for their own sinister end. It makes me proud that this gentleman is sincere in his walk and thankful for his fans and listeners (I don't fulfill "fan" very well, but I LISTEN to music on every level that my spirit allows.) What am I talking about?

THIS...


7 comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I need to pick this up and Prince's new album. I'll probably pump this more often.

Andrew The Asshole said...

Gets about time the fans have given him his props... I'm going to go down load it for free right now.

Unknown said...

Rich, what's good? Prince's new CD, PLANET EARTH, is NOT what I expected...but I'll give it another listen. Sometimes, I have to "catch up" to a great artist's notions. After all, he IS Prince!

Andrew! I hope that you have a special Itunes or CDBaby hookup that will give Common some Soundscan, ASCAP, or BMI love!

CapCity said...

i was trying to stay quiet - but u keep posting this Brother for MY Delight, Ced;-)...thanx, sweetie. LOL!

Unknown said...

Crazy! LOL! Hey, I'm just glad that you haven't given up on the brothas! THANK YOU for supporting Black men the right way: anyone can speak positively on us while including both the good and bad points; you just happen to love sharing more of the good.

CapCity said...

of course I'll NEVAH give up on Brothers...just don't U give up on US;-)...

Unknown said...

Can a man leave his mother behind without sadness? Can he lose his sister without mourning? Neither can I leave my sistas hanging in despair and moaning for the love of a man who fits their desire...and drive...and soul!

So...how does that rate on a "10" scale? LOL!