Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dearly Departed


I knew you were tired
Cooped up and shackled down by
Illnesses and old bones and tired muscles
And nerve endings that mutinied
Making your body
The Bounty in flesh
You smiled
You spoke peace
You frowned on weakness
You lived a long life
You served your clan
You made the world your clan
Grams, I miss you
Tanky said many a time
That you wouldn't leave
Until your mission was done
As your Savior spoke before you
On the schedule of His operation,
"It is finished."
We're ready to love
As a family that misses you
And we will stand together
We'll be OK
Just you wait and see
I miss you, Grams
But I'm glad you can finally
Rest.


Gladis Maine, my "Grams," passed last night in Los Angeles at Kindred Hospital at 9:30pm. She fought through illness and defied a doctor's grim prediction that she "wouldn't last another two weeks"...NEARLY EIGHT YEARS AGO. She's finally pain-free. She is finally FREE.

Photo: "Sleeping Woman" by Henri Matisse
Photo Reference URL: www.cavalierdaily.com

12 comments:

Dave J. said...

Ced,
My thoughts go out to you, and your family. Keep on the positive side, it's all about how we look at a thing, but I know you already have good perspective on this, I can tell.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dave.

CapCity said...

Even though it goes without saying, I wanted to leave a comment:
((((((((HUGZZZZ))))))))))

Unknown said...

Thank you, sweetness. Believe it or not, I'm smiling. Moms finally found her rest. She fought so long, oh so long, that I am glad that she finally has peace without pain.

KIKI said...

I'm sorry for your lost, but like you said, she's resting now.

They say you should cry when a baby's born and rejoice when someone passes on...she's in a better place now.

Huggs & Smooches

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Sorry to hear about your lost. Grandma's are special gifts from God. I'm sure she left you with a lot of memories to treasure.

Unknown said...

Great saying, Kiki...and I'm glad she is free.

Rich, thank you...and she did.

Mizrepresent said...

What a wonderful tribute, and i understand, nothing comes close to the love of a grandmother.

Jacqueline said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and at the same time, I can't help thinking about how good God is! From the tribute you wrote, she deposited something in you that would allow you to celebrate the peace without pain...
Blessings

Unknown said...

You ladies bring smiles my way. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Ced --> our prayers and thoughts are with you & your family.

stay strong, Villager

Unknown said...

Thank you...and I'm glad you stopped by...