Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Reminder...

Normally, I would write these words in my journal or post them on my "therapy" blog. I felt a need to share this poem here. What lies ahead of you isn't as tough as it seems, so trust God and keep going. Believe me when I say that we all have "crossroads" moments in our lives that define us. We cannot afford to forget how the Lord stands ready and willing to act in our behalf. An old man told me years ago that "God is a gentleman, and He won't force anything on you that you need...if you don't feel the need to ask Him for it."

Hang in there...


No door is closed
Unless God holds it shut;
You may not be ready yet
To walk in that room.

Don't forget your promises;
Hold to your faith.
Drop your pretense now...
God will open the door
When you trust Him in your walk
And believe He will protect you
From all that you fear will block you.

Time to tell the truth...
Will you fold in failure
Or worship God in faith?
It's time.
Trust God.




----------------

6 comments:

Still Patrice said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

Hey! Glad to see you made it here!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Yes absolutely! Your poem is lovely and so what I needed to read this morning. Thnak you.

Unknown said...

Glad it touched you, LB! Thanks for the kindness!

The Artist In Me said...

Wonderful, and is so true. I have to say that it is refreshing to see that a brother is willing to let Christ create a life change. Continue to enjoy your journey with Him!

Be blessed!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Artist. God bless you for encouraging a brother!