Saturday, December 22, 2007

Thank You for Letting Me Be Myself Right Now

My focus on work is at an all-time low; here comes music to the rescue! This young lady is one of the artists on my Myspace page. Honestly, she is BEAUTIFUL... but her voice doesn't move me as much as her looks and her band's sound have. I am NOT speaking anything negative! Some voices that touch other listeners would need a lightning bolt strike attached to them in order to move me. She is extremely talented... period.

Enjoy the video, and tell me if you like what you hear.




I don't know much about THIS young lady, but her voice DOES move me. I can safely say that she studied most of my favorite singers and songstresses of the last nine years. Just listen, and you'll quickly catch the DNA helix combinations of Jill Scott, Beyonce, Musiq, Bilal, and others. Again, enjoy and lend me your thoughts.

4 comments:

Shai said...

Stacye has a great voice. JoJo, I remember her from the movie RV with Robin Williams. I think she did something with Bow Wow. She has a mature sounding voice for 17.

Unknown said...

Shai! Glad to see you in the new year with us! I think I would prefer a different song for Stacye's vocals. This number didn't showcase the range I believe she has. JoJo? THAT'S JOJO?! Her voice matures her. Also, the little lady has grown a lot. I remembered her as the little girl in a couple of MTV and Disney videos a couple of years ago.

What's new in your world, Shai?

Shai said...

Happy New Year Mr. Ced.

My new year is just that another new year. I am just grateful to have gone "through" the rough spots of the last 2 years. A lay-off, break-in(while I was at home), an unruly teen(whew, she is through that phase) and a broken heart. LOL. I feel like dancing for all the pain taken away from me.

I just ordered Stacye's CD used on Amazon. I think it may inspire some awesome poetry. See this year I am just going to learn, live better, and write my azz off. LOL.

What's up with you and yours?

Unknown said...

I like the way you sound, lady! The Harris family is having a blast, learning how to love and live in our marriage, and focusing on doing some great things this year. God has been good to us, and we are determined to spend this year praising God for everything. Keep writing, Shai; I'm looking forward to reading the newness!