Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Goodbye, Sir

Max Roach's passing tapped my heart's rhythm. The death of piano great Oscar Peterson now tugs at my heartstrings as powerfully as his legendary piano solos sweetly hammered sound from many a grand piano. He was a gentleman and well-loved friend to many musicians in his time on Earth, a teacher who raised the bar of jazz music in his time, and an ambassador of goodwill to music lovers all over the world. My prayers are with his remaining family and every music lover who enjoyed "the technician" as much as I did.

8 comments:

hottnikz said...

r.i.p.

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you, HN. Every hip hop fiend and jazz lover on the planet should take a moment to reflect on the passing of music greats left and right in 2006. Without them, our music would lack a mountain of good texture.

How have you been?

CapCity said...

You know this Brother was amongst my many family discussions this holiday! I'm thankful that we've been blessed with his presence & that he left great music for us to enjoy.

Here's to a great 2008 & doing the good works so that we leave amazing legacies ourselves, Brother Ced!

Here's to the REAL giants of all time!

Unknown said...

"Here's to a great 2008 & doing the good works so that we leave amazing legacies ourselves, Brother Ced!"

You said it, lady: we have our part to do, so we may as well do it NOW. God bless!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Happy New Year brother. I've been driving by your spot, I just haven't left many comments.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the eighth year in the century, bruh! Thanks for passing by, stopping by... just glad to know good people are on the page...

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yea man, greats, got nearly al their stuff withe everybody in mp form (from the napster era)

Unknown said...

TS, I'm glad to hear that I'm joined by more "renaissance thinkers." How is life in ATL these days?