Friday, September 14, 2007

Happily Kind of BLU...

I'm thinking about my grandmother now sitting in Heaven and hoping that I sit beside her one day, and I want to listen to some musical poetry. This young fellow Blu is an MC who calls the pretty/ugly city of Los Angeles his home and inspiration. Waxing philosophically about the city's contrasts and flexing lyrical muscle over the beat's pulse and flow (beat by LA producer Exile), he says some imaginative things. Here--let's listen together--then tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I rather enjoyed that brother Ced. The beat was tight and his flow was like dat.

Unknown said...

Good to hear, Rich! I think you would like most of the CD. Blu is no joke on the mic, and Exile has been quietly taking the lead in the pack of producers/DJs who are doing great things musically this year. Google them to learn more about them, and consider them a critic's choice for new artists to buy this year. Their project is worth the money.