Thursday, April 19, 2007

Life and Its Circular Journey

All this death, such tragic passing
Makes me wonder if the caged bird
Should shriek louder
Death is not freedom to a tortured soul
Suicide is not a gateway to celestial
Cancellation of debt

Life is a circle
Death is the meeting of points
But the journey from point Birth
On the orbital path of existence
To the final stop of Death
Can be peaceful
Tortured souls just feel
All the bumps along the road
And forget that vehicles
Outfitted with shock absorbers
Even stop more precisely
And smoothly
God, grant me the serenity
To aid the hurting
While I walk my walk
Without succumbing to their grievous
Hurts

3 comments:

CapCity said...

WoWWWWWWWW, Ced! U BROUGHT it with THAT one. very touching.

Mizrepresent said...

Excellent, thought provoking verse.

Unknown said...

I can't take all the credit. This one was inspired by a friend's blog. After I wrote it in her comments, I decided to keep it for this blog. Thank you both for the love.