Saturday, November 22, 2008

New Music, Good Music: Keelay & Zaire

This is what I love in hip hop: impressive, passionate lyricism riding on a smooth and hard-hitting groove. Keelay & Zaire seem to know their way around production and engineering, and their choice in rhymers to headline this dopeness, "The Times," speaks volumes. Blu, a reigning mic terror here in the West, is joined by Fortilive, a name new to this writer who stands a great chance of becoming a true school hip hop favorite. Much love to The Audacity of Dope for sharing this video.

8 comments:

Kofi Bofah said...

Cool.

The opening sounds like your video was going to go into Ghostface's Big Doe Rehab.

I was confused for a second.

Anonymous said...

hey you have to show me how to put a message in bold....Ill be back

Unknown said...

Kofi, you just helped me out! I couldn't place the music. What was that original sample?

Kin'shar, just type these symbols, with no spaces between them, before your message:

< b >

Type these symbols the same way after the last word in your message:

< / b >

Let me know how it works, and Google "html basics for a beginner" for more.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

That opening track was riding high, which was hitting back in the 70's, but for the life of me I can't think of who did it.

You got me wondering what a New Man mixtape would sound like with all this music you drop over here.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, thanks bro.....


how was your turkey day

CapCity said...

i got somethin' for ya @ my spot, Bruh Ced;-)

KIKI said...

Dang Ceddie...I'm diggin that! Had my head bobbin.

Hey darlin! Just checkin on ya.

Unknown said...

Rich: A mixtape from me would weird out most listeners! My brain makes some "odd" music combinations! That's based on my uncle's notions, anyway!

Kin'shar: Anytime, and Turkey Day/Celebrate the Trickery on My Ancestors Day was blessed IN SPITE OF the history behind it!

Kiki: Glad to put sumn' slappin' in your ear! Keeley and Zaire are pretty nice with a sampler/beat machine/keyboard, but Blu gets my "lyricist of the year" award

Cap, whatcha got for me?