Thursday, July 17, 2008

And Now...For Your Immediate Entertainment

Nuff respect to the Arkitect, The Master Blaster Grandmaster Afrika Bambataa, universal leader of the Zulu Nation. Hip hop is a culture of thinking heads, potent lyrics, groundbreaking artwork, and body-moving music. Bam is among the legends of the culture who started a phenomenon from the heart of one of the roughest, most crime-ridden areas on this hemisphere. Shouts to the San Diego chapter of Zulu Nation, my man 40-grand DJ Norm Rockwell, and Access Music.

6 comments:

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Yaaahhhhhhhh!!!

Unknown said...

I had to show love for the Arkitect...

CapCity said...

and u done switched up on us ONCE again - u New Man, U! ;-)

Unknown said...

LOL! If my eye gets bored, I have to change the visual! Now, ya know I need to get the three-column layout that you're rocking these days, right? How's life, Teacher?

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Man you had me back in the gym for a dance on a Friday night at Kirby Smith Jr. High

Unknown said...

I forget that you have me by a few years, but that's OK; they tell me good cheese and fine drink only get better with age! This song takes me to the weekends that I would hang out with my father, watching closely as he made mixtapes for neighborhood cats. Every record had "a story," he would tell me, as I nodded my head and imagined myself standing right off-stage in the best spot in the concert hall or dancehall to hear every sound and to feel every downbeat. Wow...it's taking me back, too.