Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A PSA for Thinking Folk in America

Tomorrow is an important day in American history: Juneteenth. History, the story of civilization's greatest successes and most massive failures, tends to be circular. We cannot forget our history, America, or we will repeat our ancestors' mistakes.

Thinking for yourself and remembering lessons of the past is free. Not doing so is failure in the making.



----------------
Now playing: Donny Hathaway - What's Going On [Live]
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there!!

Thank you for sharing this video on Gil!

He's out of prison now and dropping knowledge! I pray that this brotha stays sober because he has a sharp mind and is a phenomenal poet and lyricist.

Continue to share his wisdom with your readers!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Rich Fitzgerald said...

What's up Bruh! How have things been going.

CapCity said...

U KNOW i loves me some Gil! i keep him in prayer & covered in love;-). i don't have to tell u that my Daddy took us to see this documentary in it's entirety when it was shown at an indie theater in DC...

Unknown said...

Lisa, thanks for the visit, and you are on target! I pray that Bro. Heron manages to keep that "monkey" off his back. Addiction has robbed us of so many great minds and souls.

Rich, how are you? I'm well--just trying to earn my keep in this age of robbery at the pump! How's everything going in your neck of the woods? Did the flooding affect you and yours in Missouri?

Cap, that documentary is one of my all-time favorites! It was the only good thing that came of my stint as a Blockbuster Online subscriber! How is your father doing, by the way? I hope you had the chance to pass a birthday blessing to him from me.