Friday, August 22, 2008

Get Close to Music History: Public Enemy

Welcome to the new edition of an old hip hop vision. Pitchfork TV has posted a three-part documentary that covers the seminal years of one of my favorite group of artists, Public Enemy. Though this documentary focuses mainly on Public Enemy's "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" album, it covers an incredible amount of history and explains the processes and mindset that forged a sound that blew the every sonic limit set on music off the map. As detailed as this story is, it flows quickly and smoothly. Enjoy, and feel free to share your thoughts.

I almost forgot: Peace and love to the city of Chicago (my favorite city) and Pitchfork for hosting what I'm told was a great music festival.


Part I


Part II


Part III

6 comments:

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

That is some good shyt right there. I was feeling all impatient and said I was gonna come back later. But after I clicked the first one to preview it, I stayed for all three parts!

Still Patrice said...

just saying HEY *waves* hope you have a good weekend!

Unknown said...

S-68: LOL! I thought about posting this as three different daily segments, but I didn't have the patience. Glad you fought the temptation and stayed for the full video. I did the same thing when I ran across the video, so I understand!

Pajnstl: HEY! I'm getting better on answering Facebook messages now! Now that I think on it, I may need to check my profile page here to see if I included a link to my Facebook profile.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

First off -- what up man! Second, can you believe I didn't have YOU listed on my blogroll. I went to find your link and was like "what the". So if you noticed and never mentioned it, please charge it to the head and not the heart. We down like 4 flat tires bruh.

Now to check out the documentary.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Mannnnn, where you be finding this stuff at, that was dope.

Unknown said...

I love music blogs. There are people who comb the Internet for stuff so that heads like us can get this kind of kick from it. I know that Pitchfork.tv made the original posting, but I can't remember which blog pointed me toward the site. Glad you enjoyed it, man!

Don't feel bad about the blog link list. My list is more like a REFERENCE because there are a ton of blogs that I've found lately--and follow regularly--though I have yet to post any extra links on my pages. Sorry to every great blogger I may have accidentally slighted...